Charity Ride Manager
Come join the V Foundation in its Victory over Cancer! In the role of the Ride Manager, you will create and manage a scalable bike ride, peer-to-peer fundraising event designed to mobilize individuals through hospital partnerships and community engagement. We require substantial fundraising, event and project management experience, a talent for building relationships and a proven track record in creating and translating vision to successful outcomes.
Ride Organizer/Event Manager – 50%
- Ability to arrange and coordinate all aspects of the ride in coordination with the Executive Director, events team, third parties, vendors, and volunteers. This includes but is not limited to:
- Oversee development and execution of the annual ride plan, including sponsorship, marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Design and documentation of annual routes.
- Liaison with host communities for the design and planning of each event and related host community activities.
- Manage internal operations around event registration, rider stewardship, donor services, and year over year participant recruitment and retention.
- Coordination of event logistics, (vendors, bicycle shops, information booth workers, luggage support, public safety support, maps, etc.).
- Coordination of volunteers, including position design, recruitment, training and recognition.
- Coordination of sponsor activation and fulfillment on the event.
- Determine swag/merchandise strategy (i.e. levels of procurement, distribution,…)
Program Administrator – 30%
- Oversee management of resources, staff, volunteers, and outside vendors/contractors.
- Develop annual budget (approved by Executive Director).
- Track expenses, bill payment, purchase of services and materials through competitive bids (food service, trucks, toilets, showers, etc.).
- Write monthly reports/updates, communicate with all stakeholders.
- Liaison with state and local government departments and host communities.
- Work collaboratively with other departments (Sponsorship, Communications, Development and Finance).
Writer/editor and marketer – 20%
- Write/update manuals, handbooks, guidelines, newsletters, web content.
- Work closely with communications department, marketing agency on logos, brand development, copy, promotion of sponsors, maintenance of web pages and online registration, online presence, social marketing strategy and ride publicity.
Ride Committee -
- Be a collaborative liaison with the Ride Committee board members.
Minimum Requirements (Includes education, experience, special skills and licenses or certifications required.)
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Management, Marketing, or Hospitality.
- Two to five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to effectively organize efforts of many people.
- Experience in planning and managing special events, including integrated vendor management.
- Ability to design tasks and delegate responsibility, possess interpersonal skills to deal with volunteers.
- Ability to act quickly and creatively when faced with new problems.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Ability to develop job descriptions, operating manuals, design schedules and systems to provide a first class ride.
- Knowledge of bicycling and bicycle safety.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, coordinate information, and work with local officials.
- Familiarity with the Triangle NC area.
- Demonstrated successful experience in managing a staff, volunteers and office, knowledge of purchasing procedures, budgeting and financial management.
- Proven ability as an effective oral and written communicator, knowledge of online and social media marketing strategy, ability to manage marketing contracts, knowledge of special event marketing strategies, ability to organize material in a clear and concise manner.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Ability to lift 20 lbs throughout the day
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
Equipment Used: Basic office equipment; phone, computer, copier and fax machines
- Continuous Improvement & Development
- Mission Urgency
- Innovation & Creativity
- Planning & Prioritization
- Project Management
- Results Oriented