Social Media Coordinator
Under the general direction of the Chief Marketing Officer and reporting to his/her designee, the Social Media Coordinator is responsible for leading the V Foundation’s social media strategy as part of the organizations overall strategic marketing and communications efforts. The individual will directly manage and/or provide consultation for the V Foundation accounts (V Foundation, Victory Ride, Wine Celebration, etc.) with the following high level goals; increasing engagement of our content, growing followership, deepening affinity for our partners and driving revenue on social platforms.
The successful candidate will be goal-oriented, creative, mission-driven, and a collaborative team player. The Social Media Coordinator will be knowledgeable in the realm of social media and know how to get things done through formal channels and informal networks. The individual should be able to work within the organization’s culture and collaborate with others and relate well to all. The Social Media Coordinator must be able to build constructive and effective relationships and use diplomacy and tact.
The individual will work closely with other unit and departments to include Marketing, Business Partnerships, Communication, Public Relations and Digital Technologies.
- 20% Plans and executes social media strategies and content development which supports our broader marketing, partner and event strategy.
- 20% Actively manage communities to answer questions, provide information and ensure follower satisfaction and engage in conversations about relevant topics happening across social media (ex. trending topics, cancer information, sports, influencers, etc.)
- 20% Manage social listening and monitoring and share insights to improve social media performance and educate team on relevant conversations.
- 20% Partners with other leaders across the organization who share responsibility for overall social programming to ensure a consistent strategic focus and voice.
- 20% Monitor emerging trends and platforms across social and activities of other nonprofits to share best practices and optimize performance.
Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in Public Relations, Journalism, communications or related area.
- Three (3) years of related work experience or any combination of education and experience equivalent to a successful background.
- A belief in the value of diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace, and action that demonstrates this commitment.
- Strong sense of initiative and an outcomes-oriented mindset.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Title: Social Media Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer (or his/her designee)