Wine Celebration Accounting & Auction Support Manager
The V Foundation Wine Celebration is a world-class wine and auction fundraising event, benefiting The V Foundation for Cancer Research. The primary mission of the Wine Celebration is to raise funds and awareness for cancer research and related programs.
We are looking for an Accounting & Auction Support Manager to join the Wine Celebration team in Napa, CA.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Assists in all fundraising events and development projects, including, but not limited to supporting of marketing, planning and executing special events at the Wine Celebration. This role additionally delivers vital support in accounting and office administration to help the team succeed in its annual fundraising goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the Managing Director & Wine Celebration Team in ongoing projects for the V Foundation Wine Celebration.
- Manages all general accounting duties including but not limited to processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable entries, managing vendor invoices, service requests, and payment inquiries, creating invoices, tax acknowledgement letters, and preparing post-event reports and financials as required.
- Assists with all general office procedures including but not limited to auction data entry, outgoing calls, emails, filing, managing calendars, making travel, meeting and event arrangements, creating reports, and budgets.
- Manages event reconciliation budget and event calendars: current outreach and community events.
- Responsible for silent auction requests, procurement and tracking for fundraising events. Includes support with coordination of post-event shipping of items, coordination of redemption of auction packages (hotels, restaurants, amenities, activities, etc.), future auction item deliveries, guest follow-up prior to, during and after redemption communications.
- Provide administrative support as needed to Board Members and staff, including attendance to meetings as required– records and distributes the meeting minutes, as needed.
- Works with outside vendors and companies to ensure seamless event experience.
- Uses customer relationship software to interact with donors and prospects and track/manage events.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, events, marketing or relative field with three – five years related experience preferred.
- Strong background in event management is preferred. Non-Profit experience is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet & the ability to learn new computer programs quickly; experience in Microsoft Navigator, Greater Giving auction software, and Blackbaud Luminate desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles, budgets, project management and tracking reports.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced team environment.
- Comfortable and confident in outside marketing to other businesses, for the purposes of procuring auction items.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Availability to work nontraditional office hours, as required.
The above statements describe the general qualifications required to perform the job and the general nature and level of work performed - not a complete list of duties - additional responsibilities may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure templates. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, board members, and clients.
- Ability to apply concepts of general accounting principles.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid California Driver’s License.
PHYSICAL, DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision at 20 feet or more and color vision with the ability to identify and distinguish colors
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.