In partnership with ESPN and eligible professional football teams, the V Foundation will fund its First-Round Draft Picks (Early Career Investigators) to support all types of cancer research at NCI-designated cancer centers in team markets. The Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins kicked-off the inaugural year of the program during the 2017 season and grants have already been provided to researchers at affiliated cancer centers. Funding cancer research is vital, so the program continues with additional partnerships being planned for the 2018 season.
EASY AS 1-2-3
1) YOUR TEAM RAISES/DONATES $100,000 TO THE V FOUNDATION
2) THE V FOUNDATION MATCHES THE CONTRIBUTION
3) A V FOUNDATION FIRST-ROUNDER RECEIVES A $200,000 CANCER RESEARCH GRANT
Supporting the Best and Brightest in Cancer Research
- Cancer research projects include laboratory-based fundamental research or translational research
- $200,000 grant awarded in two annual installments of $100,000 each