Virginia Vine will be primarily online, where guests will participate from a location of their choosing, such as their home or office. The different elements of the event will be broadcast from Loudoun County locations, with limited in-person participation or viewing opportunities dependent upon restrictions in April 2021.
COVID-19 SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGMENT – LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS
As we move forward in the planning process for the next Virginia Vine, our top priority is the safety of our guests, staff, volunteers and vendors. The safety protocols we are putting into place will allow us all to gather safely.
We will continue to monitor the protocols recommended by Virginia authorities and post updates to this page as well as communicate with you via event email updates. If you have any questions, please reach out to Danielle Lavetan, Director of Signature Events at [email protected].
For more information on our venues and their safety protocols, please visit their websites.
Please stay tuned for additional information as we get closer to our April 23-24 event.
The V Foundation takes event safety seriously. Virginia Vine will be an exciting, inclusive and safe fundraising event weekend for all to enjoy, and we look forward to your help in making it so!
As you know, the coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and is contagious. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and health agencies recommend social distancing and increased personal protection efforts, including frequent hand washing and wearing face coverings at all times in public settings.
We have put in place precautionary measures aimed at preventing and reducing the spread of COVID-19 among attendees of the Virginia Vine event; however, The V Foundation cannot guarantee that you (or those you come in close contact with) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the Virginia Vine event (including your travel to and from such event) could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19. While participating in events held or sponsored by the V Foundation, social distancing must be practiced, and face coverings worn at all times to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, the V Foundation has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, the V Foundation cannot guarantee that its guests, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
We anticipate that each of you understand there is implied risk when gathering in groups. Knowledge of COVID-19 is still evolving. Currently, we are asking individuals from these categories to decline this year’s inaugural event and consider enjoying a future Virginia Vine.
1. Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others; www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
2. Individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19;
3. Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
As a guest of Virginia Vine, we ask that you self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and contact a staff member of the V Foundation if you experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating with the event.
As developments continue to evolve, so will our approach to keeping you safe. We thank you for your patience and flexibility and ask that you check back here for updates. We look forward to welcoming you to Virginia this spring!
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS:
I acknowledge that I derive personal satisfaction and a benefit by virtue of my participation in Virginia Vine and I am willingly engaging in the event (the “Activity”).
RELEASE AND WAIVER. I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST THE V FOUNDATION AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE ACTIVITY.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
3. I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with the Activity, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
If you cannot agree to or accept the foregoing, DO NOT ATTEND Virginia Vine. Failure to agree to or abide by any of the foregoing may result in denial of entry or immediate expulsion from the event.